Even though church isn’t on our agenda for Easter, we still have festivities with friends so I decided to make the girls a new spring dress.
These are their first matching dresses I’ve made for them.
The pattern was super easy. It is the new Roller Skate Dress by Oliver & S. Typical of O&S patterns it is a very thoughtful dress. The instructions are easy, and it went together smoothly.
The fussiest part was sewing on that jumbo rick rack by hand. Thankfully I’ve had some really boring meetings to call into during my work from home days.
The fabric is a cotton/poly blend bed sheet I found at a thrift store and since I had so much of it I decided use it for the lining as well. Sydney and I went to the fabric store and she helped me pick out the rick rack and the matching buttons for the back closures. I think she had fun looking through all the buttons (our local fabric store has a very unique button collection) to find the right one for both her dress and little sisters dress too.
We don’t do fancy things often, so I’m not sure how much use these delicate dresses will get, but hopefully they will be worn more than once!