I can’t believe it either! I’ve sewed two garments in the past week! Crazy I say. I guess I was inspired by the simplicity and adorableness the Geranium pattern.
Ingrid was up next. I used some fabric from my stash (Joel Dewberry; Dogwood in Bloom Pond) that had out lived its welcome. This dress does take up more fabric than usual because of the size of the skirt but I think it is well worth it.
This is from the same pattern from Sydney’s dress I posted about here. There are many options to make this a versatile pattern.
For Ingrid instead of pleating the skirt I gathered it. And why did I never think to increase my thread tension when basting for gathering? Huzzah! It gathers for you as-you-sew! Brilliant! Rae is a genius (or I’m an idiot). I also used the scoop in the bodice instead of the notch. I also omitted the ruffled sleeve and just did the cap-sleeve. This one went together way faster than Sydney’s just because I didn’t have to fuss with sleeves or pleats. I think in total it took me 2 hours (from cutting to finishing). Can’t beat that. Although I never get 2 hours of uninterrupted time so this still took me two days to complete.
I even made the tights! A handmade hand-me-down. : ) I left the length of the dress pretty long but also kept a decent hem so I can let it out as she grows. I may also change the buttons on this. I used a shank button and now that I think about it those may not be very comfortable to lay on. The next dress I make for her I’ll just use snaps.
I plan to make one more Geranium dress for Sydney – out of princess castle fabric – she is gonna flip.
And then I promise I’ll start using a different pattern.
…. ok…. maybe one more for Ingrid! ; D
(please excuse the blurry poorly exposed photos, they were taken with iPhone early in the AM with no sunlight — but this way you get pictures of a dress with a baby in them so count your blessings)